Would you like to get involved with your village pond?
The Friends would be most grateful for any help you’d like to offer, practical and financial, towards the conservation and maintenance of this special place – the village pond and its surrounds – and with other aspects of the Friends’ work:
- you could join the Friends (you can find a membership application form here);
- you could make a donation to help fund our continuing work (our treasurer’s details are on the membership application form);
- you could come to our regular work mornings, dates are in the diary, keeping the site in good order – it’s like going to the green gym, fresh air and gentle exercise!
- come to our Summer Event and annual general meeting in June, the date is in the diary;
- share with us your knowledge expertise in nature conservation, pond conservation and related skills;
- join the grass mowing rota, keeping the site and paths trim;
- tell us about the interesting plants or wildlife you spot in and around the pond – you might spot something new and different that we haven’t seen before or something that just gave you a thrill to see: dates and times of your sightings would be helpful.